Friday, May 10, 2013

Review Of Xena: All I Need To Know I Learned From The Warrior Princess By Gabrielle

This was a book I had laying around collecting dust in my attic and decided to finally read. There was a time I was into the whole Xena Warrior Princess television series. Anyway, this book is the translated scrolls that were written by Gabrielle, Bard of Poteidaia. Basically it's Gabrielle telling about her experiences on the road with Xena and what she's learned. It's a fast read, and very entertaining.
The titles are just as funny such as: Baby-Tossing Is Not A Sport; If You Think That You're Dreaming, Pinch Yourself. If That Doesn't Work, Pinch Someone Else; Ambrosia Is Not A Part of the Seven Basic Food Groups and Keeping Your Mind When Your Friend Is Losing Hers. Some of the lessons fans will realize come from certain episodes. In between there's a few quotes from Xena herself. My favorites are:
"My Name Is Xena. I'm A Problem-Solver."
"You Just have to have faith."
"No one should pass up their dreams."
This book would make a great collectors item for those who are fans of the series. All in all, I give this book a solid four stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment